Change gmail address on phone and move data to new gmail account

A

AC Question

Hi,

Over the years, I have created several gmail accounts and now want to consolidate them. (ie: AccountA@gmail.com, AccountB@gmail.com).

I want to do the following:
1. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) uses gmail account "B". I want to change it to gmail account "A" (the main account I want to use for everything Google related).
2. I want to migrate everything from gmail account "B" (ie: my contacts, loaded apps, and anything else I use from the phone) to the new main account "A".

Can anyone provide some assistance with the above?

Thanks.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Export All your contact data from Gmail B then re-import it into Gmail A.
For App, you will need to still have Gmail B associated with the phone, just don't allow the sync of contacts, etc.
As far as I know, there is no way to move purchased apps from one account to another.

JonConklin

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

I only have 1 paid app on my phone. I am more concerned about when I get a new phone, my phone will automatically load all of the free apps I have installed via Google Play, so I don't have to manually do this.

So it sounds like I can do what I want to do.

-Jon

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, for all the free apps you can use the the Gmail B as a second gmail account on the phone and use it to sync apps. We use a shared gmail account as a secondary account in my house so we can sync across all devices. We don't have any contacts or anything and just use it for apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel