Drastic Nintendo DS Emulator draining too much on Motorola Droid MAXX 2?

A

AC Question

Motorola Droid Maxx 2

I'm trying to run the Drastic Emulator, and while it runs fine even in power

saver mode, I feel as though my phone is using to much battery power during play

compared to others accounts of battery usage. When I play, usually with my phone

at the lowest brightness settings it will use up 7-8% of battery life per hour.I

have disabled alot of apps and bloatware and data sync and fetch services all

with the intention of increasing battery life.

In a thread showcasing the emulator redddit, a person with LG Volt is able to sqeeze about 40 minutes of play

out of his phone and only manages to use up 2 percent. Considering my phones

increased battery capacity it still tends to use around 8 percent an hour

despite the countless tweaks to my phone. Am I missing something here in regards

to native phone battery usage or kernal settings?

THe Top 3 apps currently using my battery are My screen 29%, Drastic

emulator25%, and cellphone standby at 22%.

Is there anything I can do to tweak my phone to further increase battery life?

Jeff Blaz

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
At the bottom of the reddit thread I mentioned, titled "FYI: DraStic (DS Emulator) now supports hi-res 3D rendering" on Android Gaming subreddit, a person asks how big the battery drain is for this particular emulator. A person replies saying:

"Pretty low, as with most emulators.

I have a LG Volt, and play emulators for about an hour and a half daily on the bus.

My phone has been on battery now for just under 8 hours and is currently at 80%. Drastic accounts for 10% of battery usage today according to my battery stats, so we're talking playing on the bus for 40-45 minutes drained a whopping 2 or 3%. (EDIT - checked the actual time, it was 2% total battery use for ~36 minutes this morning. So basically 3-4% battery drain per hour, which has been on par with my experience. On my old tablet with a smaller battery life, it was about 7-8% per hour)

The Volt does have a 3000mAh battery, fairly good and long lasting. If you have a smaller battery (2200mAh tends to be common in lower end phones) YMMV."

So he is getting a 3-4% battery drain on a 3000mAh battery but for some reason my battery drains at 7-8% with a 3760mAh battery. How could this be possible? Also, what tweaks or changes would you suggest I make to extend battery life while playing Drastic DS Emulator?

Last edited:

Jeff Blaz

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
EDIT: I'm sorry for forgetting to mention my Android version is 6.0.1. And just to reiterate, on the Reddit thread "FYI: DraStic (DS Emulator) now supports hi-res 3D rendering" a person states that with their LG Volt with 3000mAh battery capacity they are only using about 3-4% battery life every hour while running Drastic DS Emulator. But, with my Droid MAXX 2's 3760mAh battery I use about 7-8% every hour. And this is with disabling all of the possible bloatware, data sync and fetch services as well as using Battery Saver mode. What further tweaks could I make to extend my battery life while playing Drastic DS Emulator?

Last edited: