why doesn't android n beta download on my nexus 5x?

A

AC Question

i've enrolled my device but the update hasn't yet come to my phone. what do i do?

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Is it the first time you have enrolled for the Beta? Or have you reverted back to MM and are trying to enroll for the second time?

In either case, a workaround could be to manually flash the latest developer preview. Because you are enrolled, you will receive the next updates OTA.

optic-M

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the help.

And yes it is my first time enrolling , but i have un-enrolled and re-enrolled if that changes anything.
I don't know how to manually download android n though.

(i was the guest btw)

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Some people have had some issues with receiving the OTA updates after enrolling for a second time. This may or may not be the issue here as well.

To flash the Android N image manually, here is a good YouTube video that explains the whole process step-by-step:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuCp7GY1OA

Also, as long as you stay enrolled, you will receive the next updates (and the final version whenever that comes out) OTA, so this would be a one time process.

EDIT: Although the video is for a 6P, is exactly the same process. The steps for enabling Fastboot, should you need them:

1. Power Down the Nexus 5X
2. When Off, Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time
3. Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until You See the Fastboot Mode Screen
4. Once in Fastboot Mode, Let Go of These Two Buttons

If you have any questions let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair