S7 Edge: stuck in safe mode; volume button damaged stuck IN

A

AC Question

so the other day I dropped my S7 edge and damaged my volume down button causing it to be permanently pressed in.
after my battery died my phone booted back up into "safe mode".
After a little research I found out that "safe mode" is activated by the phone booting up with the volume down button being held in. now my problem is that obviously I can't disable this "safe mode" because it requires a phone re-boot and will just boot back into safe mode again.

is there a way I can disable my volume down button or boot without it going into safe mode? my button is defiantly broken and wont come un-stuck.

josensandi

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
HOW do you remove the volume key? I cannot get it unstuck. Tried using needle to no avail. This is sooo irritating, as my phone is new and none of my downloaded apps can be used. Can anyone tell me why this is is such an issue and whether Samsung plans to repair for us?

Nathansoake

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
so the other day I dropped my S7 edge and damaged my volume down button causing it to be permanently pressed in.
after my battery died my phone booted back up into "safe mode".
After a little research I found out that "safe mode" is activated by the phone booting up with the volume down button being held in. now my problem is that obviously I can't disable this "safe mode" because it requires a phone re-boot and will just boot back into safe mode again.

is there a way I can disable my volume down button or boot without it going into safe mode? my button is defiantly broken and wont come un-stuck.

I have just had the same problem a simple fix i just discovered was by holding the volume up button down hold the power key and restart keep hold of the volume up key untill fully rebooted and will not start in safe mode, hope this helps

Pragashu T

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue and Samsung's service centre is charging 70% of the phone price since display has to be changed if volume button is dameged.
the spare parts is not avaialble and i'm waiting for 1 month................

AmmarRabah

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and I solved it by using the tweezer the women use for their eyebrows and pull out the volume down button easily , then restart the phone and the safe mode will be gone,, then put the volume down button back again ... good luck from palestine

LegatoV

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem 2 months asked samsung said 350 euro ofc. Today i used the thing for the eyebrows too removed the Button carefully(not all) and put it back inside and now it works lul

Last edited:

mvraam

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone for their post. The only problem is changing the volume buttons, but that's a tedious task again because unlike other phone you cant remove the back case with screws and remove it. We need to remove the display, removing so probability of damaging the display is very high without using non profession tools since we need hot air gun.

***Warning try at your own risk***

Remove the volume button.

Tools required

1) Needle pin
2) screwdriver

Once removed use your screwdriver to press and strike on it remove the above layer till it peels off. See that you don't press too hard. Switch on the phone and if still if it boots in safe mode repeat the above procedure. Once you switch on and if its normal switch off put the button again. In my case I found that my volume down button started working after that. If you cant put the button again try to adjust with screwdrivers and push it. Still if you can't don't stress the phone too much and use software for volume up and down.

Therealuntitled

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem except, my volume button isn't stuck. It's not working at all. I factory reset my phone I've done everything. It boots back into safe mode every time. The volume button I've taken out still in safe mode. Idk what's happening please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC