Text message issues to one person (keeps using @mms.att.net)

A

AC Question

For some reason message back and forth between my husband and myself do not reliably send. Initially, I noticed that the messages that didn't go through went to (hisnumber)@mms.att.net

So I tried to block sending/receiving to that address, but I can't find any setting that allows me to do so, only to block a phone number.

Now I have to type in his name or number EVERY time I send a text (it doesn't have to be a MMS) in order to assure I'm sending to his phone number instead of the email. Annoying. Worse yet, some texts haven't come in until hours later, or even days. Again, these are simple texts, not even including emoji, just letters and possibly numbers. It has led to fights about ignored requests before we figured out what was happening.

I can't figure out if it's an AT&T issue, Samsung issue, or Android issue. We both have AT&T (same family plan). I have a Note 5 w/ Marshmallow. He has an S6 Edge running Lollipop (since he can't update until he clears some memory).

I've tried restarting both devices, clearing the caches, and calling AT&T while they controlled my phone in an attempt to have them fix the issue. I've researched and I can't find any answers that work. I just did the troubleshooting (again) on the AT&T website and can't find an answer that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza