My phone doesn't receive the right amount of ampere from charger.

A

AC Question

I have a phone charger that has an ouput of 5v-1a. So it means that when i charge the phone it should draw 1000 ma right? but my phone draw higher than that which is 1200-3000 ma, i saw that with an app i downloaded to check whether my charger is working properly. Do i need to worry? Is it going to damage my phone or do i need to replace my charger?.

pogiboris

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
yes i am using the original charger. And i dont know if the reading of the app i downloaded is accurate, but let us assume that it is accurate will it do any damage? does it mean that 1a output charger provide exact 1000ma?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
1 ampere will charge a 1000mA battery in 1 hour. IF IT'S NOT BEING USED. Having your phone turned on consumes battery and your phone will get 1000mA - eg. 350mA= 650 mA/h. I think that's the simplest it can be

ctleng76

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The amount of current that flows is determined by the device, not the charger. You could have a 2000 amp charger, but your device would only draw what it is designed to draw (probably between 1 or 2 amps). You never need to worry about a charger supplying too much current to your phone. As far as the phone drawing more current than the charger can handle, you don't need to worry either since the charger most likely has a current limiting design. I would be curious to know how that app determines current draw. I guess the phone report it to the app? The charger may also be able to supply more current than it is rated for.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol