Shortcut/app screen appearing from screen corners

A

AC Question

Any time I accidentally swipe at the lower corners of my screen, a new screen pops up. The top says "I'm feeling lucky" the rest of it has a spinning wheel anchored at the corner which shows 'recent apps'nor 'shortcuts' depending on what I spin to show.
How do I get rid of this? I don't know if it is a setting or an app but I hate it, hate that it keeps piping up when I am trying to do stuff.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It sounds like the 'iswipe' feature included in Clean Master. If you have this app in your phone disable it in the app settings or, even better, uninstall Clean Master and see what happens.

McWhiskerbottoms

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue but I don't have Clean Master installed. I don't know if it's a new feature or some kindinner of spyware. I don't know where it came from our how to disable it.

Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170520-093604.jpg
    Screenshot_20170520-093604.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

kaprocki

May 23, 2017
Visit site
ES FILE EXPLORER was causing my Samsung Galaxy S8 to pop up that annoying I'm feeling lucky/shortcuts/recent/common screen. I uninstalled it and it's gone. Thank you to a previous poster for mentioning it. I wanted to use ES FILE EXPLORER for file managing and encryption. I now use File Manager by Asus and for encryption I use Encryption Manager by Giraone. Both are available on Google Play.

davidgro

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe the answer is to turn off "ES Swipe" in the tools section rather than uninstalling the app.

Nope, the proper thing to do is uninstall it and use an app that doesn't come with sneaky adware. And also recommend to others that that use that they also stop.

If it was upfront about which app it was and how to turn it off (And maybe not enabled by default) then yeah, maybe give it a chance.

I stopped using ES the moment it first pulled this kind of rotten tactics years ago.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Any time I accidentally swipe at the lower corners of my screen, a new screen pops up. The top says "I'm feeling lucky" the rest of it has a spinning wheel anchored at the corner which shows 'recent apps'nor 'shortcuts' depending on what I spin to show.
How do I get rid of this? I don't know if it is a setting or an app but I hate it, hate that it keeps piping up when I am trying to do stuff.

It's called "ES Swipe" and it is included with ES Explorer. I like it but can't stand the ads. I uninstalled ES explorer and the "ES Swipe" went away.

I used ES File Explorer also and after uninstalling it, the issue was resolved. I had been using ES for years, and I suppose on a recent update that feature was added.

Does the paid for "ES File Explorer Pro" have the same feature but without the ads?

Last edited by a moderator:

dobro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I've used the ES Explorer app for years. When this popup started a few months back I couldn't tell where it was from....finally I had enough and was going to locate it or wipe my tablet clean. Luckily I discovered it was ES Swipe and turned it off in the settings ...then I Googled ES Swipe and see now the source....ES Explorer has served me well for many years, but has now been removed from all my devices.

Any good file management app suggestions?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've used the ES Explorer app for years. When this popup started a few months back I couldn't tell where it was from....finally I had enough and was going to locate it or wipe my tablet clean. Luckily I discovered it was ES Swipe and turned it off in the settings ...then I Googled ES Swipe and see now the source....ES Explorer has served me well for many years, but has now been removed from all my devices.

Any good file management app suggestions?

Just came across this ES Swipe issue on my wife's phone - I don't see it on mine, apparently because I'm using the pro version. At any rate, some good alternatives:

https://www.guidingtech.com/53631/best-file-explorers-android/

Tosha Stepp

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I actually had this an liked it..but I cleaned my ph storage an uninstalled alot of apps I wasn't using..i can't find what app it came fr an i would love to have it back...All apps mentioned on this thread I installed an i can only find it on clean master & i hate clean master it always screws up my galaxy s7..Does anybody reading this know exactly which es file explorer app its on? Or does anybody know of any other app I can install that has this feature in the above photo? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc