Shortcut/app screen appearing from screen corners

A

AC Question

Any time I accidentally swipe at the lower corners of my screen, a new screen pops up. The top says "I'm feeling lucky" the rest of it has a spinning wheel anchored at the corner which shows 'recent apps'nor 'shortcuts' depending on what I spin to show.
How do I get rid of this? I don't know if it is a setting or an app but I hate it, hate that it keeps piping up when I am trying to do stuff.

Mel Deco

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't have ES installed. No ads, but this common apps thing is driving me nuts! I have the s7 edge so every time I tap the edge in a video-game this thing pops up, changes my orientation when it does, takes up time... pain in the rear!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180220-235833.jpg
    Screenshot_20180220-235833.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 10

Kraig57

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
On my Moto Z I had the same problem with the "I'm feeling lucky" when I swiped near a corner.

It was also caused by ES File explorer. There was nothing shown as ES Swipe in ES Explorer app to be turned off.

I was not able to shut it off from the ES File Explorer app, but instead used phone settings to successfully turn of the unwanted "feature":

Settings -> Apps -> ES File Explorer -> Advanced -> Draw over other apps -> selected and toggled off "Permit drawing over apps"

Bug is gone.

Jeyck

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Yes. I have the same issue.. I have uninstalled the ES file explorer. But it's still in my phone.. Thanks to imburns, that I checked a cooling app.. It was the Super toolbox app, the later versions didn't have this. Search in settings and there you will see the lazy app button.. Turn this off and. VIOLA! it's gone.

Myqueendom64

May 1, 2018
Visit site
This annoyance showed up out of nowhere and it took a bit of investigation to find the culprit. I use an app called Call Blocker Free from NQ Mobile Security. This is called LazySwipe and it's a recent addition as I've been using this app for months. Not anymore!

Jenisa Dangal

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
I have no es file explorer or any other clean it app but this shortcut setting keeps on appearing whenever i accidently swipe on the bottom corner of my phone. How can i get ris of this?please help me. It is giving me headache

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have no es file explorer or any other clean it app but this shortcut setting keeps on appearing whenever i accidently swipe on the bottom corner of my phone. How can i get ris of this?please help me. It is giving me headache
Welcome to the forums. Many users have been reporting this issue recently and for some of them the culprit was a Vault app. Do you have such an app installed in your phone?

JimiAlvarez

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
Is there a way to remove/disable the Common Apps feature? whenever I touch the screen in a seemingly random place/position at random and inconvenient times, a little wheel pops up at either the bottom right or the bottom left corner. this forum seems to be taking issue with the ads popping up at the top, but my issue is with the entire common apps screen that pops up. For the sake of my sanity, I would really appreciate a quick response!

I have a Samsung galaxy S9+, if that information helps clarify

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to remove/disable the Common Apps feature? whenever I touch the screen in a seemingly random place/position at random and inconvenient times, a little wheel pops up at either the bottom right or the bottom left corner. this forum seems to be taking issue with the ads popping up at the top, but my issue is with the entire common apps screen that pops up. For the sake of my sanity, I would really appreciate a quick response!
Welcome to the forums. Try the steps posted on this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=6401710

Tell us how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12