Is there an app for dual sim/contact-specific volume control?

A

AC Question

I have a OnePlus 2, and I have my work and personal SIM in it. I have to be on-call one week in 3, and if I have my phone on silent I miss things. 99% of the time this isn't a problem as I remember I'm on-call and to keep my phone on loud. However, the odd occasion when I don't have it on loud and miss something...people get upset, let's say.

So, I need an app that can either:

- Allow me to control the volume of both my SIMs, allowing me to have one SIM on silent, and the other on loud, overriding the system settings (i.e. if my phone profile is on silent, allow the ringtones and message tones to sound anyway)
- Allow me to set specific contacts to always notify me, regardless of the system's sound settings

Basically, I need to override 'silent mode' for either specific contacts or specific SIMs. There are apps that say they can do this, but I haven't managed to find any dual sim/volume control apps that actually CAN do this. I have trawled the Android Play Store, but have found nothing.

Does anyone have any experience of anything that can do this?

Thanks,

Tom

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it sounds like the simplest way forward for you would be to keep your phone off silent when you're on call (don't put it on silent and miss something) as for your request above, I haven't heard of said app or process for this.

flooreus

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks, but that's the point...for when I don't remember and leave it on silent I need something to help. Also, I don't necessarily want to get alerts for things that are not important overnight, like app notifications on my personal SIM. Any setting in Android will apply to both SIMs, so it's difficult.

Regards,

Tom