Moto 360 Sport vs Huawei Watch

A

AC Question

I ordered both of these watches on Prime day with a total price difference of about $30 (Huawei was more). I plan to use the watch primarily as a golf watch and maybe a little bit of exercise. I am a watch guy, so I would not be using this as my daily driver since I have other watches for that purpose. I know the 360 Sport has GPS, which may be helpful when exercising and on the course, but I am not confident on the rest. I know the Sport has been discontinued on Google's store, which is not comforting in terms of updating to 2.0. I've read multiple reviews on both and am just curious about thoughts in case anyone has used both. With the price being practically the same, it makes the choice more difficult to me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! I would not worry TOO much about updates, Moto has been pretty good about that, at least they were when I had my 360 (the original), and both watches are Android Wear, and should pretty much upgrade the same as AW is upgraded. I'm going to defer about the golf question since I don't play, BUT I did appreciate the heart monitor and fitness features of my 360! :) Hopefully others can address the golf issues. :)

Superfly_FR

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
tey there !
Well, I can speak about the Golf topic since I'm golfer but I'm afraid I have no substantial info regarding the two watches you mention.
I for one use a Garmin Approach S6 together with my BlackBerry Priv and I didn't notice any flaw or problem.
I must say I'm not the type of player that enjoys extras (motorized trolley/cart, distance meters) and this was a gift.

My golf club is a very particular one (very, very confidential) and I found the measurements pretty sharp.
My personal usage was to measure yardage of my hits, since I had a severe shoulder injury and had to revise all my clubbing (that was a minimum of 20% less ... bummer) but I found interesting the score collection too.

Overall, I'll say I'll use it when playing outside my club, where yardage to the pin would be a great help.
Also, as a choice criteria, I'll be very cautious about the size of the screen; unless you want to use it as a garrotte, the gravity will lead your watch over the wrist and you have to make sure it won't bother you for the downswing. I for one would prefer a rectangular shape (maybe the VivoActive ?) for instance, but that's dependent of tour morphology, I guess.

Not sure it helps but ... feel free to add more questions I'll be happy to help !
SF

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz