CWM restore problem

A

AC Question

Hi.

I have a rooted galaxy note 3 (n9005) running stock 5.0 rom and CWM 6.0.4.7.

I wanted test the Darklord N5 5.1.1 rom, so I made backup with CWM, installed Darklord N5, ran it a few hours, everything went smooth.

After that I wanted to revert to the stock rom, so I made a backup of Darklord N5 with CWM, restored the stock backup successfully, rebooted, but my phone got stuck at the Samsung logo :-(

I flashed CWM 6.0.4.7 and tried restoring the stock backup, just to be sure, the restore was successful, but the same thing happens again :-(

I thought about all my Gb's of data started to panic!
I desperately started trying different things to avoid a factory reset.

Through trial and error I've found that wiping Dalvik cache gets my past the Samsung logo, the phone boots successfully and works as it should, whoever all my data on internal storage is gone.
When I do an advanced restore in CWM everything works as it is should, but after restoring the data my phone gets stuck at the Samsung logo again, and I have to wipe Dalvik cache again, and now I'm back where I started :-(

Is there any way to find the error and correct it, so I can recover my 15 gig's of data, or is this a lost cause?

Best regards, and thanks in advance!

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Press "Thanks!" if I helped you!
Well..your nandroid backup might be corrupted. Always put your nandroid backup on an usb stick or on your computer and don't mess with it. Extract your data to pc,flash the stock firmware and try to salvage any data that you might find on the nandroid backup folder.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

Thygekm

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
It seems like they are corrupted, even thou the MD5 check sum seems to be okay, which is very strange to me.

I've been storing my backups at the external SD, thinking that this is no problem, am I wrong in that assumption?

Extract your data to pc,flash the stock firmware and try to salvage any data that you might find on the nandroid backup folder.
I'm not sure I understand this.
Is there a way I salvage/extract the data form the system.ext4.tar.* files on my PC?
Why should I flash the stock firmware, the stock rom is running again after I wiped Dalvik cache?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
On my TWRP my nandroid backup is made up of a lot of folders put into one. It's just a .zip file + the factory image and i cam just take my data and flash it with a new factory image.
I think that this is your problem too,your factory image might be corrupted.
Dalvik VM optimize apps,if you clear this it will only say : android is upgrading/optimizing apps in the first boot,that's all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma