What is 'com.android.snap'?

A

AC Question

What is 'com.android.snap'? I recently did a system update on my Bluboo Picasso smartphone running Android 5.1 and this keeps poping up, just a blank black screen...how to make it stop?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!
It's probably the camera app. If you have enabled the developer options please uncheck the box that says : Show all ANRs.
Best regards,Mikey. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
It is a system app and can not be removed but it can be disabled. Its real name is something like "com.gyaun.android". AVG detects it as a virus( malware to be exact) and gives the possibility to disable it on Android 5.1 Blubo Picasso cell phones( Tested with Blubo Picasso Android 5.1, Ram 2GB, ROM 16GB). If this does not work please reset your phone to the factory settings, install AVG and scan for viruses. If possible scan your phone with a PC and panda antivirus. Than update the phone and scan again after 24 hours of completion of the update in order to check if the virus comes with the update or after that( the phone must be running for these 24 hours!).

If this helped you please vote!

fumassa

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I just bought a cheap phone to my daughter, and reading the reviews, I found this view, I have searched our MAX PRO Doogee X5, and this also appears on system services 'com.android.snap'.
Years ago I also bought another Chinese economic mobile and also had a similar type of malware that data sent to a Chinese server. Rooted was very difficult, in the end I got it.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/customer-r...4&tag=tech0ae4-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5459121

translated:
Although the phone is not bad for what it cost, display advertising and sends data to a Chinese server.

Mitigation of the problem: Go to Applications, mark "view system applications" search "com.android.snap" (the application that displays advertising is passed by a system application and can not be disabled) and try:
- Disable (be rerun after reboot)
- Remove all permissions.
- Block notifications from that app.

Second solution: Install a firewall as "non-root Firewall" and deny connections of the application.

In my case, I checked the firewall using the app "com.android.snap" connects and sends data to:
If it's any help.
regards

Tic_Ettac

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
In fact i don't know really what is com.android.snap but i tried all the others things evryone said and it wasn't working so my answer is just to delet the data of the application com.android.snap. BUT don't make me responsable if it delete others data: it didn't change anythings on my Bluboo picasso 5.1 but i'm not an android developper so i don't know really what this application deserve. SO DON'T DO IT IF YOU'RE NOT SURE.