I have an app I didn't download - how did it get there?

A

AC Question

The app is Box for Android, and it just randomly popped up on my phone. I didn't download it; I have no idea how it got there. I uninstalled it, but this seems like the kind of thing that would have an underlying problem I would need to know about. Has someone hacked my phone (LG G2)? Or was this part of an update?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The app is Box for Android, and it just randomly popped up on my phone. I didn't download it; I have no idea how it got there. I uninstalled it, but this seems like the kind of thing that would have an underlying problem I would need to know about. Has someone hacked my phone (LG G2)? Or was this part of an update?
No idea. What I can tell you is whoever can help you might ask you to make an account so they can converse with you about this problem. They'll probably have questions. Cheers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did the phone get any recent system updates? Box is a pretty established and legit company, so I doubt it was anything malicious.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, system updates can install new apps that might be considered bloatware (depending on how useful you find them). This might be a manufacturer decision or a carrier decision. But it sounds like you were able to uninstall it, so at least it's not the bloat that is unremovable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois