Is Android N worth the upgrade? Upgrades just seem to bring problems

A

AC Question

I'm not a big fan of os upgrades, they always seem to cause more problems than they're worth. I'm running MM now and am fine with it. I know soon Google will be pushing Android N on me, and I'm not sure I want it.
Once they bring out a new os upgrade they hound you to install it. I never charge my phone while it's on and connected to a wi-fi network because it will automatically update.
So would N be a safe reliable upgrade or not?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My experience is the opposite, in iOS and Windows as well as Android. I welcome system upgrades. Any problems are addressed in subsequent point upgrades.
Of course your experience may be different, depending I suppose on device, your own usage, and whether you are using a carrier phone.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OP, it appears you have answered your own question in regards to upgrades. It is a nuisance to always hit the ignore button (kind of like always being prompted to upgrade to windows 10). My current device won't be getting N and probably not marshmallow, but I always welcomed updates, as long as it's not a alpha or beta version.

Please see this article on how people are performing a workaround:
nexus 5 - How do I skip an Android system update and stop its notifications? - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton