Is there any way to retrieve my contacts from my galaxy s5 even if screen doesn't come on?

A

AC Question

I thought my Contacts were saved to my Google account but apparently they were not or I don't know how to retrieve them. I had a galaxy s5 charging port broke I got it fixed but then all of a sudden screen wouldn't come on. You can here the samsung jingle sound when i turn on but screen stays black. So i cant retrieve my contacts. Can someone please help??????

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you get feedback from screen touches you might need in luck. However, if you have no screen feed back and can not unlock the device even tho the screen is black, nothing you can do unfortunately.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
If the contacts weren't save to the cloud, they were still save somewhere on the device. There are three place where they could be, one is on the Sim itself and you only need to move the Sim to a new device to be able to view them.
Second they could have been save to your SD card, in this case, again just move the SD card to a new device.
The third option is the most likely and the most problematic. If they were saved in the device hard drive, they are still there, you just need to contact the repair person who fixed the charging port. They may have disconnected something else to service the port and this is the reason for your screen failure.

GRIM