pics won`t download to computer

A

AC Question

I`ve never had a problem ...just plug in the usb and wait for it to upload the pics from phone. Less than a month ago I did a phone pics download to the computer with USB as usual. when I try now is says on the HP Photos program that there is nothing to download on my phone. I`ve used Picasa 3 for years ....just plug it in and it auto download (imports) my pics off the phone. Now my phone doesn`t even show up as one of my devices in the Picasa program. Has android upgraded my phone software and could this be the cause. It shows and update on 6-28-16. I last downloaded to Picasa on 6-11-16

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I`ve never had a problem ...just plug in the usb and wait for it to upload the pics from phone. Less than a month ago I did a phone pics download to the computer with USB as usual. when I try now is says on the HP Photos program that there is nothing to download on my phone. I`ve used Picasa 3 for years ....just plug it in and it auto download (imports) my pics off the phone. Now my phone doesn`t even show up as one of my devices in the Picasa program. Has android upgraded my phone software and could this be the cause. It shows and update on 6-28-16. I last downloaded to Picasa on 6-11-16

Welcome to Android Central!

When you plug your phone in to the computer is there a USB icon in your notifications? Make sure your phone is not set to just charge vs in MTP mode.