What is Rcp components and why is it on my phone?

A

AC Question

Just happened to looking through my app manager and couldn't figure out what RCP components is or does.
Thank you.

Jason Sudbury

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I keep seeing that link posted for an answer. No offense, but that doesn't really explain it well for those of us who aren't developers. I understand it's a type of workbench, but a workbench for what exactly? Thank you.

ksbserv

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I responded to your other post. The link in the posts above explains what it is.

Yes it does, but it doesn't explain why its on our phone?, and for what purpose is it used?, and possibly what application may have put it there? and can we or should we remove it? which is obviously what they and I are asking. Its ok if you don't know-just say so but you don't have to get snippy.

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does, but it doesn't explain why its on our phone?, and for what purpose is it used?, and possibly what application may have put it there? and can we or should we remove it? which is obviously what they and I are asking. Its ok if you don't know-just say so but you don't have to get snippy.
Welcome. :)

PJRed2008 was just giving a factual reply. There's no suggestion of snippiness.

Bad Frank

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
It's a developers tool. It uses minimal memory. Permissions can be toggled on or off and you can Force Stop it and it won't affect normal function of the phone. BEWARE OF FORUM TROLLS WHO HAVE NO TASTE OR CLASS! They are small, ugly, dirty and a few even live under bridges. Really!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think that there are some misunderstandings in this thread. So far as I can see, no-one who has offered an answer has meant to be offensive or unhelpful. If a post is considered to be unacceptable for any reason, Report it and the Moderators will give it their attention.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc