How can & ought I root my Samsung Galaxy J7 (T-Mobile), model# SM-J007?

A

AC Question

I am new to rooting. My Android smartphone device, which is linked to my T-Mobile account, is a Galaxy J7, pre-installed with & running Android OS ver.6.0.1.
Quick research points to the resource 'CF AutoRoot' as a convenient beginner's method for rooting a multitude of devices (which importantly for me, does not require an external computer + compatible USB connection, as presently I do not own my own pc!), provided that the device in question is supported; otherwise, likely another route is in order.

One small hindrance: Listed on their page of supported devices (located at autoroot.chainfire.eu), the model corresponding to my device, 'SM-J700T', is not identified; the closest supported model listed appears to be 'SM-J700M'.
Would the download corresponding with that model be likely compatible with my phone? If not, perhaps one of the files intended for another close model [..J700x, of which there are three others]? And if still not, then how do you recommend I go-about rooting my device?

Thanks in advance.:0}

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
NEVER USE 1 CLICK ROOT!

If you are going to root your device. You HAVE to do the research and UNDERSTAND what you are doing to your phone. You need to know what step does what.

First, make sure you understand what rooting your phone actually means. Give this article, No Magic In Rooting, a read first.

Back to never using 1 click root. If you run one that isn't fully compatible, it can brick your device for good. If you run one that supports your device, it can brick your device for good, soft brick it, or even in rare cases, fry the phone.

If the root fails midway through, you get stuck in a soft brick, but you don't know what went wrong and what step the 1 click root was at when it failed. You're left with a huge headache leaving you without a phone for several hours or even days depending on how long you spend online and on forums asking how to fix it.

Ynxxy

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
DONT DO IT!!! I looked for weeks for a compatible file for the j700t, couldn't find one anywhere. I tried a similar models files, MY PHONE WON'T TURN ON! NO RECOVERY MODE! NO DOWNLOAD MODE! POWER BUTTON NON-RESPONSIVE!! Please, just save yourself the irritation and money. Trade it for another phone, don't be like me and spend a ridiculous amount of money to turn it to a paperweight hard bricked phone..

hennisy420

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
NEVER USE 1 CLICK ROOT!

If you are going to root your device. You HAVE to do the research and UNDERSTAND what you are doing to your phone. You need to know what step does what.

First, make sure you understand what rooting your phone actually means. Give this article, No Magic In Rooting, a read first.

Back to never using 1 click root. If you run one that isn't fully compatible, it can brick your device for good. If you run one that supports your device, it can brick your device for good, soft brick it, or even in rare cases, fry the phone.

If the root fails midway through, you get stuck in a soft brick, but you don't know what went wrong and what step the 1 click root was at when it failed. You're left with a huge headache leaving you without a phone for several hours or even days depending on how long you spend online and on forums asking how to fix it.

very well said. but it seems that most of our species, when they read it goes in one eye amd out the other. just like when they listen, it goes in one ear and out the other. They get stuck in a loop and all they know is what they want and all they can comprehend is ways of getting it done. everything else they here/read about like the precautions and downfalls does not compute as thrown in a garbage file in the back of there brain. They remind me of the seagulls in the Disney movie FINDING NEMO " mine, mine, mine, mine" in this case "root, root, root, root"

crumle60

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
u can root the j7 t varient and not have any problems if done right i know cause thats the phone im using and its rooted as of 3 weeks ago and partly debloated if u would like to know how let me know its not hard at all

Last edited:

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
u can root the j7 t varient and not have any problems if done right i know cause thats the phone im using and its rooted as of 3 weeks ago and partly debloated if u would like to know how let me know its not hard at all

I'd like to know. How did you root your phone? I have the SM-J700T1 model.

Why is your phone only partly debloated? I'd like to get rid of practically all the bloatware on this device.

I've been looking at these xda forums but what they are talking about seems like a foreign language at times..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-j7/help/wheres-thread-to-root-j700t-t3403066

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ry-twrp-v3-galaxy-j7-metropcs-t3427499/page11

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...o-pcs-galaxy-j7-ms-j700t1-2016-t3398939/page2