factory rest samsung galaxy 7 Google account will not recognize account

A

AC Question

I did a factory reset on phone. I was unaware of the google account but was able to reset password and retrieve activation code using wife's phone but when putting email account new password and activation code on phone it does not recognize them and I keep going in circles.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I could think of for this would be lack of connectivity. It sounds like your device isn't connected to the internet thru Wi-Fi or carrier data. Or, you mentioned code, are you using 2 step verification? If you're getting to the code entry then you have some connectivity and there's something wrong with the code you're using. Using the wife's phone you may incidentally be logged into her account in which case no retrieved code would work. Also you won't be able to log in as yourself on her phone because of the need to have a code to complete the login which probably is sent to your phone that isn't logged in, and round and round. Anyway go online via a pc and use one of the secondary login code options to log in then you can use one of your backup codes or switch code retrieval to your wife's phone temporarily and get a code that way. While on the pc you could generate a password. I've found that I can use generated passwords on my tab to log in but not on my phone. It seems to vary from device to device.