Google Play Services & memory & battery

ltw

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Google Play Services is draining my battery and taking up memory. I just went out for the evening with the battery fully charged at 7:30. I request a Lyft and answered one text message. At 12:30, when I went to request a Lyft home, the battery was at 14%--basically gone in 5 hours. And Google Play Services had taken up about 1 GB of memory. This happens regularly.

Most of the time, Google Play Services is taking up about 35% of the battery.

I've had a factory reset on my phone. I have the "battery saver" for location--no GPS. I've turned off auto-sync. I have Doze installed so apps aren't working when the phone is idle. I clear the memory on Google Play Services regularly (because otherwise there isn't enough memory to run the phone). I don't use my phone for video or music. I've tried turning off the phone and taking out the battery. I have very few apps installed.

Please help. If I can't count on the phone to last me for one evening out, I don't know what to do! (It's a Sprint LG 3 Vigor--and the Sprint technicians are useless.)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Throughout the forum, Google Play Services has playing havoc on ram and battery usage. Uninstall Google Play Services update and see if it helps. Hopefully, Google will get things fixed soon.