New phone in October

A

AC Question

Hello,

My contract ends in October so that is when I plan on getting a new phone.
I currently have a galaxy S5 for Verizon and I can't wait to get rid of it mainly because there are no good root methods for it. I had an old rooted s3 and it was one of my most beloved possessions.

I want some advice on what to get.
I really want a oneplus 3 but I really MUST have Verizon so my options are more limited.

I would like a phone with a very large community base.
I want it to be as fast as it can be; hopefully on the cooler side temp-wise and a long battery life.

Having the ability to turn off 4gLTE and force my phone into 3g mode would be nice. Which is something I lost on the S5.
IP67/68 rating is a huge plus as well as being rugged. The camera doesn't have to be stellar as long as it doesn't have some sort of issue; I don't need very high res images.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to give me a list of the best of the best phones I can use on Verizon's network so I can look into each one. Or tell me if there is something just around the corner of 2017 that I should hold out for.

I was thinking about trying to get the CAT S60 whenever it comes out because the idea of a phone with no case or screen protector is sexy to me.
Only down side is it wouldn't have the flagship snapdragon in it, and probably a small community support base.

Thank you for any help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463