I just bought my firs smartphone and didn't realize it is only 8G so I barely added any apps and it is 1G away from being full. Some are telling I can increase memory with an SD card. However, some are saying that in my situation where the memory is from apps and the operating system and NOT media and pics that it wouldn't help me because you can't store apps on an SD card. I am getting mixed signals. Can someone help?
    08-01-2016 04:31 PM
    Yes, SD cards for your phone would be mainly for media storage.
    This development of SD card storage may be of interest to you: http://m.androidcentral.com/inside-m...ptable-storage
    08-01-2016 06:11 PM
    My advise is to return it.. The Samsung Galaxy On5 is a piece of s@@t!! I tried getting a SD card to move file for more space. I wasn't able to move very many causing little space on my phone. I hate it and will be returning it tomorrow. I figure I will get and I phone. I hate feeling controlled and frustrated by not having what I need. Save yourself time and mental energy. Go get something you can enjoy and don't bother about losing apps space.
    01-07-2017 11:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, Samsung doesn't support Adoptable Storage (unless you jump through a number of technical hoops that probably aren't worthwhile for a novice). 8 GB is really way to little internal storage these days, and is only enough for barebones use. A good rule of thumb with Android devices is to get as much internal storage as you can afford. 16 GB should be the bare minimum, and if you want to install a decent number of apps, you should have at least 32 GB.
    01-08-2017 12:45 AM