How do I fix error message "Unfortunately CloudAgent has stopped"?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Avant for well over a year a just today I started getting this annoying error message only when using the Gallery app to view images. The message instantly pops up and when I hit OK the gallery just shuts down so it's impossible for me to view my images and videos. I cannot turn off or disable the CloudAgent app under the application manager in settings, it doesn't give me any such option. If someone can tell me how to insert screenshots I will be happy to do so. Thank you.

steve gledhill

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yep - me too. VERY frustrating and I've tried the various steps I can find posted. In my application Manager all the buttons are greyed out and the cache always shows 12.00KB even just after I clear it. I can't look at pictures in Gallery.

jontysoper

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a Note 3 running 5.0 and experiencing the same. Everything was fine yesterday afternoon and suspect an update/push has taken place in the evening or during the night. This morning onward I'm not able to open the Samsung Video or Gallery apps - or rather I can but they crash out with the above error.

I've read that this is related to Dropbox, but the same references are a few years old and disabling CloudAgent doesn't change anything. No success with cleaning tools or clearing the cache partition either. But what does help is switching wireless off. With mobile data still on I can use Video and Gallery as normal.

Recently I was unable to view my Google account settings without it crashing... fixed by Google updating the Play services again. I'm hoping this will be something similar.

Jonty.

georgia noy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
me too - i have samsung 4. And just today when I go to look at photos in the gallery it says "unfortunately cloudagent has stopped". There is no option in application manager for me to remove cloudagent

AJNoskie

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Tried to post a picture to facebook. Found I can add them manually if I'm already in Facebook but if I view it while I'm in the camera app, that's when it crashes... so can't text pics to friends, email pics, etc.

jontysoper

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

The issue is related to Dropbox - or at least a Samsung component which interacts with it. Here's a workaround for now:

1. Open Dropbox, go into Settings and sign out.
2. Check Gallery and/or other apps which would crash - they should work fine now.
3. Open Dropbox and sign in again.
4. If/when prompted, DO NOT link your account with the Samsung Device widget.

So, Dropbox works as an app in its own right but sadly isn't integrated with Gallery, My Files etc. For me this isn't an issue. Now to wait for an official fix/update.

Jonty.

Natcha64

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here galaxy tab 4 :(( since yesterday august 2nd "Unfortunately Cloud Agent has stopped"? each time I try to look at photos images videos etc everything crashes .. HELP!! so annoying!! :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon