How do I get my Contact Numbers back?

A

AC Question

All my contact numbers randomly disappeared overnight. The contacts themselves are still there, but the numbers are gone. Why did this happen and how can I fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are you looking at the Contacts app? Are the contacts saved to your Google account, or only to the local Phone account? Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser to see if they're in your Google account.

A

AC Question

[duplicate text redacted by Mod]

--it's a moto G. I'm looking at the contact app, which I had thought was not connected to my google account. My contacts are not saved in my google account. The only thing that could be related, is that yesterday I added an actual gmail account to my google, and my phone asked me to switch backup addresses or something like that. My contacts were not linked to this gmail account at all, and after I lost my contacts, I deleted it.

Since this happened, the contacts are all there, and have seemed to have linked to Messenger, since while the phone numbers are not available, it seems I have the option of contacting them text/video call/call with Messenger. I have also lost access to my old voice mails.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please consider registering on this forum so that you can more easily carry on the discussion within the thread you started. I merged these two threads to minimize confusion.

It'd still be helpful to know which account those contacts were originally saved to. Usually, you have the option of saving to Google, the local Phone account (which doesn't sync anywhere, and therefore is more prone to permanent loss in the case of a mishap), or possibly other accounts like Verizon, depending on your carrier. Also, make sure your Contacts app is showing All Contacts, and not just a certain account--open the Contacts app, tap Menu>Contacts to Display, and make sure All Contacts is selected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12