Where did all the pictures from my micro SD card go?

A

AC Question

So, last night I deleted a fairly large quantity of what was seemingly junk files from my phone storage. I also deleted a few files from my micro SD card, and I don't remember what they were...I am thinking they were from the "Miscellaneous" section of my storage. I did delete a handful of photos from the micro SD, but everything seemed to be normal with that. I opened my gallery today to find that the only pictures in it are the ones that I took today, meaning that everything prior to last night is gone. Any suggestions? Are the pictures gone forever, because I had never backed any of them up. (Yes, yes I know, I really should've backed them up..)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, last night I deleted a fairly large quantity of what was seemingly junk files from my phone storage. I also deleted a few files from my micro SD card, and I don't remember what they were...I am thinking they were from the "Miscellaneous" section of my storage. I did delete a handful of photos from the micro SD, but everything seemed to be normal with that. I opened my gallery today to find that the only pictures in it are the ones that I took today, meaning that everything prior to last night is gone. Any suggestions? Are the pictures gone forever, because I had never backed any of them up. (Yes, yes I know, I really should've backed them up..)
Welcome to the forums!

If you deleted the pictures and they weren't backed up anywhere, they are gone.

Even with an SD card, I would still use Google Photo to back up photos and videos. It is unlimited free storage and they will automatically upload if you want them to.

SD cards can and do fail and you can also accidentally delete pictures, as you know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Remember that the Gallery app isn't a storage location--the system scans your storage for images, which it then adds to the Gallery database. So it's possible that you may have deleted something that was important for the Gallery to see these images, but the files themselves might still be there. Use a file manager app to look at the /DCIM/Camera directory (both on Internal Storage and the microSD card) to see if the photo files are still there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks