Hello guys, im using a galaxy note 4. I just bought this 4 days ago and I know having ringtone , notification sounds going through your speaker instead of headphones is "normal". Well, while i was using messenger, when i hear a voice message, it comes out of the headphones too. The jack was right in. It even says "earphones connected". Everything was normal. Like listening to music , playing games. Except that voice message.. I search everywhere for answers but nothing seems to work.. Every voice message even my own is coming out in speakers not headphones..

Does anyone experience the same thing in their note 4? Please i need answers.. I dont know what to do. This even sounds so rare😟😣
    08-10-2016 09:16 AM
    Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem, except I'm using a HTC Desire 626. I've tried looking everywhere for a solution and tried a whole bunch of different things (restarting my device, logging out and back in, using different headphones etc) but I think it may just be a fault with the messenger app and not the headphones/device?
    The main problem for me is, I was listening to a voice message my friend sent me and it's 1am here in Scotland and the message played full blast through my phone speaker, which of course, everyone else in the house was unamused by and when I tried to turn it down it was turning down the volume for the call and SMS volume... Could you please let me know ASAP if you find a fix to this? Many thanks πŸ™‚βœŒ
    08-10-2016 07:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's odd--notification tones should still go through wired headphones, not the main speaker, assuming the plug is in all the way. Make sure you feel or hear it click into place. Also, make sure there isn't any debris in the jack--use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Do other things like music, the audio from a video, and sound effects from games play over the headphones normally?
    08-10-2016 07:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's odd--notification tones should still go through wired headphones, not the main speaker, assuming the plug is in all the way. Make sure you feel or hear it click into place. Also, make sure there isn't any debris in the jack--use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Do other things like music, the audio from a video, and sound effects from games play over the headphones normally?
    Hello this is my account and my question xD. Yes. They are all normal. Just the voice message from facebook. I even tried on a different earphone. It still comes out in speaker. I was so pissed cause i cant find any solutions. I even try to download soundabout, headphones connect, etc. Nothing works.
    08-10-2016 07:51 PM
    hey i see u alot around hear can i ask you a question???

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 07:56 PM
    Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem, except I'm using a HTC Desire 626. I've tried looking everywhere for a solution and tried a whole bunch of different things (restarting my device, logging out and back in, using different headphones etc) but I think it may just be a fault with the messenger app and not the headphones/device?
    The main problem for me is, I was listening to a voice message my friend sent me and it's 1am here in Scotland and the message played full blast through my phone speaker, which of course, everyone else in the house was unamused by and when I tried to turn it down it was turning down the volume for the call and SMS volume... Could you please let me know ASAP if you find a fix to this? Many thanks πŸ™‚βœŒ
    Im glad i wasnt the only one experiencing this . Some people say its from the new update in messenger. But im not quite sure. We need more answers though
    Brioni_xo likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:04 PM

But im just new here from yesterday πŸ˜„ sorry i asked the question twice. Anyways what is it?
    08-10-2016 08:07 PM

Are you referring to me? If you have a question, it's best to search on the forums first to see if your question is already being discussed in another thread (and join that discussion), or create a new thread with your question.
    08-11-2016 02:08 AM
    I am having the exact same problem and have not been able to find any answers.
    08-15-2016 11:02 AM
    This problem started happening yesterday for me and I am using a Sony Xperia Z5...and on everything g else the audio goes through my earphones I have in most of the time but when I try listen to a voice message on Facebook it goes out on my speakers instead of my earphones and the volume is really loud. This is really irritating me.
    If you know a way to fix this please notify me.
    08-17-2016 11:43 PM
    Also having this issue. Using Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 6.0.1. Every other sound comes out from my headphones except for FB Messenger.
    08-18-2016 03:06 AM
    It sounds like it could be a bug with FB Messenger. Send an email to the developer to let them know.
    08-18-2016 05:03 AM
    I also have the Z5 and the same problem occurs. It seems like the latest version of FB messenger has been changed so that the voice messaging uses the In-Call volume rather than the speaker/headphone volume. This is ridiculous because I CANNOT mute in-call volume on the Z5 (minimum volume level is 1/6)
    08-24-2016 02:57 PM
    Im glad i wasnt the only one experiencing this . Some people say its from the new update in messenger. But im not quite sure. We need more answers though
    any word on how to get the voice clips to play through the head sets yet kinda hoping for a direction to try to fix haha
    08-24-2016 08:24 PM
    Hello guys, im using a galaxy note 4. I just bought this 4 days ago and I know having ringtone , notification sounds going through your speaker instead of headphones is "normal". Well, while i was using messenger, when i hear a voice message, it comes out of the headphones too. The jack was right in. It even says "earphones connected". Everything was normal. Like listening to music , playing games. Except that voice message.. I search everywhere for answers but nothing seems to work.. Every voice message even my own is coming out in speakers not headphones..

Does anyone experience the same thing in their note 4? Please i need answers.. I dont know what to do. This even sounds so rare😟😣
    I fixed the problem just now, Uninstall messenger,and installed back
    08-25-2016 08:03 PM
    i solved it. please forgive me for my bad English. click to play and when you listening your voice message putt your headphon jack in phon and then it works.
    09-01-2016 12:50 PM
    Samee here on s7
    09-02-2016 04:18 PM
    i solved it. please forgive me for my bad English. click to play and when you listening your voice message putt your headphon jack in phon and then it works.
    Didnt work
    09-02-2016 04:19 PM
    Nevermind yall, messenger JUST FIXED IT WITH THE NEW UPDATE
    09-02-2016 04:27 PM