How to delete a bad address

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
One of my contacts on my S7 has two home email addresses. One is correct. I can't delete the bad address. There's no delete function when I try to edit. A long press gives options to copy to clipboard or set as default.

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Old Professor

To delete one email address for one contact see the attached images on how to do it. Just open the address book and select the contact you want to edit, then tap the edit bottom on the top right side. Once in the edit screen find the email you want to delete and select the minus buttom.Screenshot_20160810-092405.jpgScreenshot_20160810-092335.jpg

Let me know if this is answers your question, If it's a different issue please add more detail to your question and if possible screenshots.

Have a good day :)

Erasmo

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
When I taped "edit," the option to delete did not appear. The word "home" appeared after both good and bad addresses. I tried clicking on "home," but that didn't do any good. I'm beginning to think that I should copy down the contact information, delete the contact, and make a new entry. Your thoughts?

Screenshot-bad email address2.jpg

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't show up on the screen shot because I obscured the personal information, but the email addresses are greyed out, as are the other descriptors on the right (home, other, mobile) and they are not editable.

I don't save contacts to Google, nor do I use gmail. I avoid the cloud as much as possible. I do sync with Outlook, using Samsung Smart Switch over the USB cable.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't show up on the screen shot because I obscured the personal information, but the email addresses are greyed out, as are the other descriptors on the right (home, other, mobile) and they are not editable.

I don't save contacts to Google, nor do I use gmail. I avoid the cloud as much as possible. I do sync with Outlook, using Samsung Smart Switch over the USB cable.
I'll let B. Diddy see if he knows more, but..

Storing your contacts to your Google account for your phone might be a good idea. They are automatically updated if you change anything. If you lost or phone or it died, they would be there as soon as you signed into a new Android phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to syncing with Outlook. For me, there's still too much potential for total data loss when using Outlook only locally on a computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae