Background info on my situation (You dont have to read it if you dont want to you can just look at my question): Last Sunday the 7th of August I went underwater in a swimming pool with my S5 neo. When i came out of the pool I tried turning the phone on but there was no response and I came to the conclusion that it was a goner.

Nevertheless I still put it in the sun to dry along with the battery and then at home I stuck the phone and the battery in a bag of rice for about a day. I checked to see if it was working the next day but then again no response at all even after trying to charge it. So then again I left it in rice till last wednesday.

On wednesday I checked again to see if it would turn on and this time it did but the screen was not working. I could see the blue light on the left corner of the phone light up just like normal and I could feel the vibration feedback when tapping the screen. I turned it off and back on a couple of timed by removing the battery but the screen still didnt show anything it was just dark even though the phone turned on. I decided to leave it in rice for one more day but on the next day the same thing was still happening so I just stopped trying to revive it.

From this point onwards I just said to myself that im gonna have to buy a new one cus there was no way this phone was gonna work properly anymore. 3 days later I decide to give it one more shot and suddenly it turns on.

Excatly one week after it got water damaged it turns on just as normal. The screen works and everything functions properly. But the one major problem is that when I turn it off now the problem I had before starts to occur where the phone turns on but the screen stays black. Because of this I have to retry turning it on a coupe of times before it finally turns on properly again with the screen working.

I wanna know does this mean that the phone is still broken or is there is still hope for it to work normally again full time?
    08-14-2016 06:50 PM
    The phone might recover as it dries fully, but such recovery may be temporary, since water damage tends to be progressive. See this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=477140

Good luck though.
    The phone might recover as it dries fully, but such recovery may be temporary, since water damage tends to be progressive. See this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=477140

Good luck though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-14-2016 09:20 PM