I have a message that says " unfortunately Launcher3 has stopped"? What do I do now?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is launcher 3 a third party app? When you installed it did it maybe ask you to install something else? It sounds like something I've seen before. Install one app but to get full access to it you have to install another app by the same dev. Or install one app but to do this one thing you have to install this other app by the same dev.

You could try uninstalling it, disabling it, checking the FAQ page for the app, clearing the cache and/or data for the app. Just to name a few things.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

I've read that the true stock Android launcher is called "Launcher3," and even though there's a manufacturer-specific launcher skin, the core app may still be called Launcher3. But don't quote me on that ...
(EDIT: Actually, quote me on that. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQue...ogle_now_app_called_launcher3_is_this_normal/ ;) )

Does this persist in Safe Mode? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.