WhatsApp chats not backing up to Google Drive

A

AC Question

Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. From 12 days, I've been trying to backup my WhatsApp chats to Google Drive, but I'm not able to do so. I have got enough memory space on my Drive, and I have the latest version of WhatsApp as well. It's not a problem with the internet connection also. The chats are daily backed up to the phone, but not to Google Drive. It's stuck on "Preparing backup" and doesn't move ahead. What should I do?

MissTKT

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm new to all this. I've just bought a Galaxy S7 and am transferring (or trying to) everything from my S3. I've two issues on day two:

1. Using the Switch app, I've managed to copy over app and photos etc. but none of the contents (274 items) from my S Planner have copied over. I always pop my appointments straight into S Planner as opposed to other calendars (Google/Outlook) and then sync everything. I guess I need to export them from S Planner and then import them into the S7. Have no idea where to start however as there's no export option in the S3 S Planner.

2. Whatsapp - I have the problem mentioned above and have definitely got the latest version of Whatsapp and a very empty Google Drive. Still stuck saying, @preparing backup....'

Any pointers would be appreciated!