11GB of deleted video keeps reappearing!

sink_phaze

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello folks ^^ really hoping y'all can help me out here

Phone is Samsung GS5
Model is SM-G900P
Version is 6.0.1

I am currently unable to delete vids thru 'My Files', also unable to delete them with samsungs 'Gallery' or directly from the camera. I was able to somehow delete ONE with googles 'Photos' before it to started say 'failed to delete'. I tested deleting some pics to make sure it was only the vid files being affected, pics delete fine. :mad:

I just tried hooking up to the comp and deleting them via windows and got message saying that 'the storage is write-protected'(DCIM folder). I just transfered and deleted files this exact same way from this exact same folder a couple weeks ago!

I do seem to be able to delete them via 'Kies'. But having to do this every time i want to delete a vid is insane! Plz say somebody has some insight in to why i'm suddenly unable to delete video files?!

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. Kies did NOT delete the vids!!! They appeared deleted from the PC side but when i went to check the phone all vids were still persent!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!!

UPDATE 8/22/16: AAAAAAAAHHH! I am going to snap this phone in half and throw it in the ocean!!!

Some how i managed to get the videos to stay deleted for a couple days? I mean i didnt see them in the gallery, or in 'my files', and the phone was saying i had 11GB more of free space on my SD. But, today i was trying to transfer some apps to my SD card and POOF! They're all back! The full files, i can watch them and everything. It managed to f up the app transfers and none of those apps are accessible now.

Now, i can go in to 'my files' and 'delete' them and once again nothing can see them but as soon as i restart the phone they're back!

Im so confused! I dont even know what to do any more. With these vids my SD is completely full! I need that space! And its not even like these are virus laden movies that i torrented or anything, they're all personal vids from a vacation!

Last edited:

sink_phaze

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be an issue with your sd card. Some times they end up being write protected. You will need to use a card reader and connect to your pc to reformat. You will probably have difficulties in Windows so use the tool here HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (free) - Download Latest version in english on CCM

Thank you for the response! This has been highly frustrating. Thankfully i finally managed to get Kies to transfer my pics. It had been freezing every time i tried before, but whatever! Not looking a gift horse in the mouth! Phones in the middle of reformatting right now.

Any idea what could have made it 'write' protected' on it's own? I've pretty much always used windows to manages vids and pics en masse and have never had this happen. I've had it completely obliterate a cards framework and make all data completely inaccessible, but never surprise 'write protected'

I am so done with this phone. It's actually eaten 2 SD cards in just the last 6 months. It freezes and then when it finally reboots the SD isn't even visible anymore. And no amount of time with a recovery program has been able to retrieve anything off of them. It seems like there has got to be a hardware issue that keeps causing these problems as i've reformatted the phone and gotten a new card each time it happens :/ But Sprint techs are idiots who keep blaming it on the cards and refuse to get me a new phone. Once, probs the card; twice, probs safer still to blame the card; THREE+ [language redacted by moderator] TIMES!!!! IT'S NOT THE CARD U DIMWITS!!!!!!!!! ...Sorry, a bit frustrated. At lease it's only a couple more months till my contract expires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance