stuck on video feed after watching video on facebook

A

AC Question

heeeelp! I bought the new samsung galaxy s7 yesterday and have got the facebook app on it. now, everytime i watch a video on facebook, i can't get back to my newsfeed unless i restart my phone....when the video has finished, no "x" pops up and no matter what direction i swipe in, i'm stuck in the videos feed. i can scroll down and watch more videos and i can comment on and share the videos, however, it won't let me hit the "like" button on them either...very strange?

akendrick451

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
heeeelp! I bought the new samsung galaxy s7 yesterday and have got the facebook app on it. now, everytime i watch a video on facebook, i can't get back to my newsfeed unless i restart my phone....when the video has finished, no "x" pops up and no matter what direction i swipe in, i'm stuck in the videos feed. i can scroll down and watch more videos and i can comment on and share the videos, however, it won't let me hit the "like" button on them either...very strange?

Same problem here. Did you solve yours? You can kill the app, (instead of restarting the phone) but the back button doesn't work!

dmshaw6

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
My phone just started doing this too! I've updated FB and updated my phone. The video will not stop playing unless I kill the FB app. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This issue has been going on for some time now, and there has not been a fix for it yet. I have just learned to pause all videos before I go back to the Facebook app.

Kathleenc188

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
😡 me too. This is an incredibly annoying "feature" on FB. There is absolutely no way to back out of or exit the video without completely exiting the FB app and losing all progress on your feed. It makes me avoid opening any videos at all.