Android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly after factory reset

A

AC Question

Hi there,

Over the past couple of weeks I have had multiple issues with my HTC One M8. I was having issues with the google play services constantly crashing (every 3 seconds roughly), as well as getting the Android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly error when viewing any sort of media (ie Snapchat, Instagram, Gallery, Whatsapp Images). After trying everything I could find on the internet, the last resort was to complete a factory reset. After doing this the android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly error still reoccurs every 3-10 seconds. I also cannot even open the Google Play Store, whenever I go to open it, it just instantly closes without any error.

I attempted to download the latest apk online, however I again get the android.process.media error whenever I try to download anything off the internet. I then also noticed that I no longer have the 'Messaging' app, for text messages. This means that currently my phone can be used only for phone calls and web browsing.

I have tried force stopping and deleting the cache for Downloads, Google Framework, Google play store, and google play services to no avail.

I have contacted the phone seller to see if my phone is still under warranty however I fear that it is not.

Could anyone please suggest anything to get my phone back into working order?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Josh LaintonHi there,

Over the past couple of weeks I have had multiple issues with my HTC One M8. I was having issues with the google play services constantly crashing (every 3 seconds roughly), as well as getting the Android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly error when viewing any sort of media (ie Snapchat, Instagram, Gallery, Whatsapp Images). After trying everything I could find on the internet, the last resort was to complete a factory reset. After doing this the android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly error still reoccurs every 3-10 seconds. I also cannot even open the Google Play Store, whenever I go to open it, it just instantly closes without any error.

I attempted to download the latest apk online, however I again get the android.process.media error whenever I try to download anything off the internet. I then also noticed that I no longer have the 'Messaging' app, for text messages. This means that currently my phone can be used only for phone calls and web browsing.

I have tried force stopping and deleting the cache for Downloads, Google Framework, Google play store, and google play services to no avail.

I have contacted the phone seller to see if my phone is still under warranty however I fear that it is not.

Could anyone please suggest anything to get my phone back into working order?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Josh Lainton

Zhulgrom

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Do you need root privileges to do this? I've downloaded the OTA and tried to update from SD card however im getting a status 7 error, saying there are unexpected contents in hangouts.apk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante