unable to find "Camera" folder under "DCIM" folder

A

AC Question

I was trying to backup my pictures that I took with phone camera (stock camera app).
I have done this multiple times before without a problem.
However, when I tried doing it again recently (perhaps its my first time after updating to Marshmellow), I am unable to find "Camera" folder under "DCIM" folder.
I still have all the photos in my phone (they are not deleted), I just simply cannot locate them through USB when I connect it to my PC.
What's funny is, there are a handful of photos that I moved from "Camera" folder to separate folders USING MY PHONE and I am able to locate those photos saved in separate folders through USB. I just cannot locate "Camera" folder.

I have tried transferring the photos using: MTP, PTP and also the option of USB ethernet (computer didn't recognize my phone when I tried this option)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the photos aren't stored where you think they are. While in the gallery, open one of the photos and check out the details to find out the path where they're stored.

fixius

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Look for 'Storage' on 'External Storage' and 'Media Storage' tabs. It should be under the Force Stop Button

"Delete the cache and the data for the System apps named "External Storage and Media Storage".
• Settings > Apps > Tap three dots on top right > select "Show System"
• From the apps list:
• Select External Storage > Select Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache
• Select Media Storage > Select Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache
• REBOOT"

fixius

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I was trying to backup my pictures that I took with phone camera (stock camera app).
However, when I tried doing it again recently (perhaps its my first time after updating to Marshmellow), I am unable to find "Camera" folder under "DCIM" folder.
I still have all the photos in my phone (they are not deleted), I just simply cannot locate them through USB when I connect it to my PC.
What's funny is, there are a handful of photos that I moved from "Camera" folder to separate folders USING MY PHONE and I am able to locate those photos saved in separate folders through USB. I just cannot locate "Camera" folder.

I have tried transferring the photos using: MTP, PTP and also the option of USB ethernet (computer didn't recognize my phone when I tried this option)
Look for 'Storage' on 'External Storage' and 'Media Storage' tabs. It should be under the Force Stop Button

"Delete the cache and the data for the System apps named "External Storage and Media Storage".
• Settings > Apps > Tap three dots on top right > select "Show System"
• From the apps list:
• Select External Storage > Select Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache
• Select Media Storage > Select Storage > Clear Data, Clear Cache
• REBOOT"

fixius

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Sorry I forgot to say under settings then application manager then all apps then what I last said