Huawei P9 Lite; can't see birthdays in calendar

A

AC Question

Hello,

Quick background:
I have a Samsung TAB3 7" that I only use for browsing the web and navigation. So my experience is limited.
I have a gmail account that is not used for emailing or contacts or whatever.

I am, since one day, the proud owner of a P9 Lite. My previous smartphone was probably the last Nokia without Windows and the only reason for upgrading is the end of support for whatsapp). I have added my contacts manually (in the phone); afterwards I have edited some contacts and added their birthdays.

Problem:
The birthdays don't show in the calendar (no little dots). I found some links on the web (e.g. on this forum) but they don't seem to apply.

I go to menu, 'calendars to display' and there is phone (only option on/off, set to on) and my gmail account (I switched it off). There is also 'local calendar' (none) and I have added 'global holidays' (for my country; works, there are little dots).

Under the menu, I see 'calendars to sync' (which only shows my gmail account) and add 'account' (with options 'corporate', 'exchange' and 'google' and none of them seem appropriate).

I hope I have described the problem clear enough; thanks for reading and possible advise.

sterretje_K5

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
As I'm new to this forum, I have no idea how it all works. The intention was to place this question in the P9 section.
I noticed that the OP was posted with guest (?) but that should have been sterretje_K5 (I am the OP).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20