Help with Note 10.1 2014 Edition

A

AC Question

Hi,

I am trying to factory reset my Note 10.1 which at the moment is demo locked it seems. The factory reset button inside settings is greyed out. Even when I try to access the factory reset via Power+Volume Up and Home and click on reset it says factory reset is not possible and reboots.

I downloaded the latest 5.1.1 and Odin from SamMobile and installed it over the original 4.4.2. I have been looking for days for TWRP/Root file that will allow me to perform the reset and I am having no luck. I downloaded a number of .tar files but when I load them onto the tablet via Odin download mode I get an error in the top left corner of the loading screen.

The error states in red writing something like (unable to seaioned factory reset) which from what I can find online means that the files I am loading are not compatible with the tablet. This is really strange because I am sure from reading posts that they are correct.

I am now thinking that I need to go back from 5.1.1 to 4.4.2 and then try the files? Or am I wrong?

Can anyone help me to get a working TRWP onto my tablet so I can factory reset it?

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781