Text app for iPad and Android phone

A

AC Question

I have recently switched to an android phone, the Samsung Note 7. I still have and use an iPad and MacBook Air.

How do I send and receive text messages on both? I deactivated iMessages and can use my phone, but no luck on iPad.

Thnks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you want to be able to send your text messages from your phone number using either device, like could be done when you had an iPhone before?

If so, one of your options is to sign up for Google Voice, port your number to that and get a new number on your phone. Once that's done, link your phone number to Google Voice (so when someone calls your Google Voice number, which was previously o your cell phone, it rings your phone) and use Hangouts with text integration for your texting. I have Project Fi for my cell service which uses Google Voice for the back end/texting portion, it works well as far as I'm concerned, I can text from my phone or tablet or even from any computer connected to my Google account. This also makes your voicemails available on the web.

That is quite an advanced setup, and you may not like that option. I'm sure someone else will have other suggestions but that's the one I'm familiar with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12