Chrome Browser hijacked/popup

A

AC Question

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. TYIA!

Recently chrome has been redirecting to new/bogus websites such as walmart gift cards, popups declaring a virus and infected device, yada yada. This will happen spontaneously w/o me clicking on anything, or even scrolling through a page. This also happens with Twitter's built in browser (dunno if its chrome based or not). I have run malwarbytes and AVG Antivirus, neither has found anything suspicious. I cannot pinpoint a specific time when it started happening. The last apps i have installed are; NBC's Olympic crap app (since deleted), Futurama game, Fly GPS spoof, Adblock Browser, and of course AVG/Malwb.

Galaxy S7 Android 6.0.1 Stock

Thanks again.

OldOllie

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting these redirects to the Walmart gift card scam page every time I launch Chrome. The problem started immediately after upgrading my LG G3 from Lollipop to Marshmallow. I installed and ran Kasperaky, AVG, and Norton anti-virus, and none of them could even identify that there was a problem, let alone fix it.

I just spent nearly an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support, and they have no idea what caused this or how to fix it short of a master reset or -- if that doesn't fix it -- replacing the phone under warranty.

I think when they find the people behind this, they should be whipped to death. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37