I droped my htc into the water, and when I turned it on again, it said 'factory mpde'

A

AC Question

I dropped my phone into the water for 2-3 seconds, then pulled it out. It was working for an hour after, then I tried to use the camera but it didn't work. I pulled out the battery, dried it, and put it back in. The camera didn't work o I tried again. The next time I put the battery back in, the screen came up with a small block font that said 'factory mode' 'item test, clear item test, version, and shutdown' I tried to press some of them but nothing worked. What's wrong???

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong?? Lots, unfortunately. A phone that got wet should be allowed to dry thoroughly before any attempt is made to restart it. The moment it got wet it should have been switched off Water and electricity don't mix and leaving the phone on and trying to use it as normal can short things as it appears to have done in your case. You need to take it to a repair shop which may well mean a new motherboard. Water damage is progressive so other parts could potentially fail a lot quicker. If it fell in clean water it's less of an issue but falling down the toilet or into salt water means you should be considering a new phone