Will my Samsung Galaxy S5 get marshmallow?

A

AC Question

I have a samsung galaxy s5 G900A running android 5.0. The original carrier was AT&T, which from what I have heard recently pushed out android marshmallow to android devices. But the phone was unlocked and I'm now using it with Metro PCS. Will I still be able to get marshmallow by going to Settings>About Devive>Software Updates>Check for Updates ? I really want to get marshmallow. Thanks for reading :)

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
If your device was originally with a carrier, in your case AT&T, it will get whatever update that carrier pushes out. It doesn't matter if you go and use another carrier's service. Whatever carrier it comes from, that's what updates your phone will receive. It's similar to if you switch to T-Mobile but your phone is from AT&T (this is just an example, any 2 carriers are substitutable here), you still receive the original bloatware from T-Mobile because your phone started off with them even though you are using a different carrier's service.

All in all, if AT&T pushed Marshmallow to your exact Samsung S5 model, you will receive the update at some point in time. Hope this helps!