Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit version.
    09-02-2016 09:19 AM
    You could set up a virtual Win 7 PC. It's a lot of work though https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vir...ough_create_vm
    I wish I had more ideas but my tiny brain is spinning.
    09-02-2016 09:37 AM
    Wiko is kind of an overlooked brand?
    I believe I've already suggested this in my above comment.. For that matter goto goodwill buy a cheap older version computer just to setup for use on your phone.. what's that old saying, you get what you pay for.. and in this case.. you thought you're getting a great deal on a phone that's not supported..
    09-02-2016 09:40 AM
    You could set up a virtual Win 7 PC. It's a lot of work though https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vir...ough_create_vm
    I wish I had more ideas but my tiny brain is spinning.
    I was gonna say, due to college I already have a virtual box installed (although it's Ubuntu, but I could quickly set another one up) and ask if that could somehow help. Not a big fan of having to put away a few gbs just because of this, but if it's the only solution I wont mind.
    09-03-2016 06:44 AM
    It may be worth a go as I'm now totally out of ideas
    09-03-2016 07:28 AM
    This is a long shot but....
    Open device manager, expand USB Serial Bus Controller
    right click on USB root hub and click properties
    click on Power Management tab and uncheck the options "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
    If there are more than one USB root hubs you will need to do the same with each.
    click OK and restart your computer

GRIM
    09-03-2016 08:29 AM
    This is a long shot but....
    Open device manager, expand USB Serial Bus Controller
    right click on USB root hub and click properties
    click on Power Management tab and uncheck the options "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
    If there are more than one USB root hubs you will need to do the same with each.
    click OK and restart your computer

GRIM
    Nope, did nothing
    09-03-2016 09:01 AM
    Have you tried connecting a different phone to your computer?
    I find it hard to believe that 2 USB connections on one computer would go bad a the same time but maybe the controller is not working.
    Have you tried to update the drivers for the controller?
    Perhaps even changing the drivers to a generic version.
    I think I remember you commenting that you are connecting directly to the computer USB and not a secondary Hub correct?
    09-03-2016 09:14 AM
    Have you tried connecting a different phone to your computer?
    I find it hard to believe that 2 USB connections on one computer would go bad a the same time but maybe the controller is not working.
    Have you tried to update the drivers for the controller?
    Perhaps even changing the drivers to a generic version.
    I think I remember you commenting that you are connecting directly to the computer USB and not a secondary Hub correct?
    Yes, a BQ and my old Wiko Rainbow work fine. Updated everything I can (except the Wiko Ridge 4G MTP driver itself because of the issue that shows up as mentioned) but haven't tried "changing the drivers to a generic version", not sure how to do that. And yes, it is connecting directly to the computer USB (could a secondary HUB help?).
    09-03-2016 09:23 AM
    Changing the drivers is just like updating them but instead of searching the Internet for new driver you search locally, Then choose to install the drivers of your choice.
    I am not familiar with your device, In Developer option in your settings, is there a "USB Configuration" section?
    If there is, check to see if MTP ( media transfer protocol) is checked.

GRIM
    09-03-2016 09:54 AM
    There has to be a simple (but yet unseen or untried) solution to this. I hate when I get problems like this, but either feel good, (or stupid that I missed something obvious), when I finally resolve them !
    09-04-2016 07:17 AM
    Changing the drivers is just like updating them but instead of searching the Internet for new driver you search locally, Then choose to install the drivers of your choice.
    I am not familiar with your device, In Developer option in your settings, is there a "USB Configuration" section?
    If there is, check to see if MTP ( media transfer protocol) is checked.

GRIM
    Oh, yeah, that. Tried it before and posted about the results here in the thread, it worked for a while (for file transfer only) and then stopped working, and can't reuse the drivers I used manually because they give the same MTP error. As for that, yes, MTP is checked, I believe.

This might sound stupid, but since I have no idea how these work, if I used a hub, like those multiple slotted USB things, would it do anything different? Because I'm really running out of ideas.
    09-05-2016 12:33 PM
    Probably not, they act more like a spliter, as opposed to adding functionality but if you have one handy. It doesn't hurt to try.
    I seem to recall that you have tried several different cables but upgrading to new data cables is my final thought.

GRIM
    09-05-2016 05:16 PM
    As an outside solution, is your PC able to support setting up a wireless network that your phone could connect to or perhaps if it is able to mirrorcast you may not need wires to connect with your PC.
    Check YouTube to see if any videos have been done showing how to setup a wireless connection.

GRIM
    09-05-2016 05:30 PM
    Nope, don't have anything of the kind. Don't even have a hub, but if it could work I'd get one, but now I'm unsure. Either way, thank you all for being so fast to reply and try to help me out!
    09-06-2016 10:45 AM
40 12