Just bought samsung galaxy note 5, battery is 50% do I have to wait till 5% to charge for 8 hours since its first time charging?
    09-01-2016 10:23 AM
    Typically one should refer to the owners manual in and instance like this and again typically the charging time is based on you're device.. if the owners manual says it would take 8 hours to fully charge no matter what level charge the battery came with.. then I would allow the charge to do its work.

In our case the LG Rebel's manual says that the first charge should take roughly 3 hours (which it did) but take about 1 - 2 hours there after. Again this is based on the size and type of device and if your setup has all the correct USB power cords.. Using an alternate usb power cord could shorten the life span of the battery. Always use the power cord charge station as suppled with your tablet for the first charge.. and keep doing so as often as you can. But in extreme cases and you need to use a charge in your car/home make sure it is a factory spec charger as recommended by your devices manufacture.

In other words.. If Samsung says that you can use an alternate charger with their tablets/smart phone then they would say or give you a list of charger their devices support.
    09-01-2016 10:47 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=500054

It's actually good for the battery to charge fron 50 to 100% but few can stick to this in practise. It would count as half a cycle (if you go with the thinking a battery has so many hours of life) and starting at 50% there is less resistance and heat generated, allowing the phone to charge the battery at a higher rate.

Anyway, you can read the guide / thread above, or search Battery University.

It is perfectly fine to not charge it now until - well people say around 15% if you can but 5% or less occasionally is fine, imv.

Install the GSam battery monitor app, it shows the charging rate and heat at different stages of the charging cycle, and gives a good average usage reading after a few full cyvles. Avoid top ups in the early stages, but charge straight up. You can leave it on the charger, though some old wives tales say no.

Avoid any battery doctor / improvement / cleaning apps, and let Android and it's ram management do its thing.
    09-01-2016 12:02 PM
    The blog below was written before Android Marshmallow, I think, so follow more recent Samsung model battery tips as well.

How to get more out of your Galaxy Note 5's battery http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ge...ote-5s-battery

How to fix Galaxy Note 7 battery life problems http://www.androidcentral.com/fix-ba...-galaxy-note-7
    09-01-2016 12:06 PM