Help transferring files from phone to laptop

A

AC Question

Hey! I have a ZTE phone, EE Rook ZTE and I am having some problems... It keeps saying low memory or low storage on device or whatever even though I have to constantly clear cache and junk and I have already deleted ALL of my emails, texts, calls and pictures and STILL it says low storage? People at the phone shop told me to try transferring files and stuff onto my laptop and deleting the originals (except important stuff of course) but that is what I am having problems with! I hook my phone up to it with a USB cable and nothing happens on the phone or the laptop even after an hour of waiting! Tried it on different computers and with different cables but no luck... nothing is happening! Oh and debugging mode IS ON!

Help!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just an observation, did you purchase a MicroSD card with you setup?.. If not then everything (data/text/images etc) is being forced on the devices internal memory which might be limited of have less room that you've expected. However with the purchase of a MircoSD card, you've extended this memory ten fold.

But as you asked.. the easiest way to transfer data/images to you computer without going through bluetooth. wifi etc is to simply connect the UBS power cable that came with the device and plug this into your computer. If your computer does not recognize the device you will have to access the folders/files within your computer. The device should be listed as alternate drive: IE removable drive E etc and might even show an image of the phone.

Once you've located the device connected to your computer, right click on the device and open the devices internal files. Files should be listed accordingly: music ring tones pictures etc.. then simple click the data/image you wish to transfer to your computer and say "send to" and selected the option. Make sure you create a folder within the file manager or desktop where as you can send the images or data to.

When completed, simply eject or disconnect the devices USB power cord and examine the devices storage capacities. At this point and after you've moved all the data/images (even without a MicroSD card) you should have free'd up the systems internal memory.

Warning: make sure you take on those files, data and images you used or taken yourself. Do not disturb any other internal files or folders within the devices system as this could cause an error or missing file or folder.

WarriorOfEden

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I do have a MicroSD card inserted and it still says low memory! Nothing is showing up on the phone or the computer and I have tried it with different computers with no luck so how could it be the laptop? It's the phone, it has to be! I have checked everything on my laptop and I cannot find the device anywhere! Usually a list of options will pop up on my phone, I click on one and here I go but that is not happening, the list isn't popping up!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Moment.. I've since closed my google+ account which actually had images of what I'm wanting you to do or show.. Let me relocate the images and I'll post them shortly with instructions.

Update:

Check my quickly create tumblr account page for images on what you should be looking for or see when your device is connected.

If you do not see the phone or do not get a notification either from the phone or computer.. this could mean that either the phone or computer system needs an update or the phone is simply not supported. But I have a feeling all that's needed is an adjustment of the plug-n-play setting when your phone is connected.

Last edited:

WarriorOfEden

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Well let me tell you that I don't use Tumblr or instagram or twitter and my phone is supported, I used to be able to do this without problems but now for some reason it isn't doing it so it isn't that either.. I will check your thing anyway... I know what I am looking for and I know where it should be but it is just NOT showing up on there and nothing is showing up on the phone either...

OH my phone IS up to date, I have already checked for updates and there aren't any, my laptop isn't brand new but it has Windows 10 on it which I had when I used to be able to transfer files and data so it isn't that either. I have already checked for windows updates as well, everything is up to date :)

Update: Yeah I have seen your tumblr, that isn't happening, it is not showing up anywhere

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
@Warrior.. just a side note if you missed it.. Check your computer's media player icon which your phone could be connecting too.. In my case and the link I posted about.. it show that my phone (and how I set this up) to use the media player as it's main source to transfer data and images..

View attachment 238297
Note in this image my phone is labeled "T0ASTERvan" but is connected via my media player. If yours is not connected in this manor, you will need to access windows connection manager.

Settings > System > Storage > New data Will be stored to:

Also, just wondering if you've connected your devices via Google Photo, Google Drive or use Google Cloud.. I ask because even if you can't locate the device or the images and if you've created or back up your files/data via the Google system.. your images could be in a storage folder on one of the listed/stored backup above.

WarriorOfEden

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
No Google cloud or backup, every phone comes with Drive but I don't use it, I do have Dropbox on my laptop but not on my phone, that is for safe-keeping, I have had viruses on here destroying pictures and things. It is not showing up, aren't you listening? It's not doing that... nothing is showing up when it should! Let me try this then... windows connection manager? Never heard of that... don't even know how to access it... found something called Remote Desktop Connection Manager, is that it?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
No need to stress you point and yes I heard/seen what you said.. I have told you what I have done using the resources available to me.. If anything I have said did not or does not work for you.. then You will need to seek another person for your support.

WarriorOfEden

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
That is why I am here.... trying to find help. I am sorry for that....I can't do much with my phone constantly doing this, heck it won't even play youtube videos cuz of it.... can you help me or will i have to wait for someone else to appear with advice?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes