So I have been searching around for almost 3 months trying to find a phone that'll last me and have all the features I want, which aren't many, without costing nearly $1,000 to get it without a carrier since I use a 3rd party carrier and need an unlocked phone. I currently have a very out-there device called a Meizu MX4 Pro that I was very disappointed with. (No 4G support in the US due to America's unique band frequencies). Soon after I got it a glitch or something caused notifications to stop working so that quickly became almost useless.

My problem is that I want 3 features that only seem exist together in an $800 Samsung Galaxy that I would love, but can't afford. I just want something with:

- A physical home button
    - NFC
    - 4G/LTE that works in America (Sorry Meizu)

It also can't be outside the mid price range as I'm poor af

If possible I'd like a decent camera and micro SD slot, but I can live without them.

Currently looking at a Xiaomi Mi5 but it's a Chinese phone like Meizu and I'm worried it'll have similar issues.
    09-01-2016 04:07 PM
    Welcome to the forums. What if you also gave up the home button? That would open up a lot of options without leaving the mid range devices.
    09-01-2016 04:21 PM
    Which carrier are you on? You can use carrier branded devices so long as the phone run on its network.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:37 PM
    OP here, just registered an account. I REALLY like having a physical button (I'm a weirdo, I know) and would rather not give it up. I can't even play mobile games because there aren't any physical buttons. As for the carrier I'm using Walmart Family Mobile which is on T-Mobile's network.
    09-01-2016 05:02 PM
    OP here, just registered an account. I REALLY like having a physical button (I'm a weirdo, I know) and would rather not give it up. I can't even play mobile games because there aren't any physical buttons. As for the carrier I'm using Walmart Family Mobile which is on T-Mobile's network.
    No problems... Everyone has their preferences.

You pick up a refurbished unlocked s6 for $300 from best buy with 90 day warranty. You can pick up a new one too, but it would cost a lot more.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=QSUk6jxr
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:25 PM
    No problems... Everyone has their preferences.

You pick up a refurbished unlocked s6 for $300 from best buy with 90 day warranty. You can pick up a new one too, but it would cost a lot more.

Samsung Refurbished Galaxy S6 4G with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Black SM-G920TZKAXAR - Best Buy
    Whelp, I feel dumb for not finding this sooner... Thanks! As a side note, do you know any other devices that fit the bill or is a refurbished Galaxy the only option?
    09-01-2016 05:42 PM
    Whelp I feel like an ***** for not finding that sooner... Just for s***s and giggles, know of any others or am I really just limited to a Galaxy?
    There aren't many options if you want an Android with a physical home button in the usa(or with usa lte) . Currently only Samsung does it.
    09-01-2016 05:42 PM
    There is also the HTC 10 or a9 which have a physical home button but it doesn't "click" like the Samsung home button. Plus both are pretty expensive, probably out of your price range.
    09-01-2016 05:48 PM
    Like dpham said, everyone has preferences. I only suggested it to vastly open up your options.

Dpham does a lot of deal searching, so this is probably the best bang for your budget.
    09-01-2016 07:14 PM