Can I use ANY memory card with my new Samsung Note 7?

h2O4menu

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
With my new Note 7, it comes with either a memory card or a wrist sports watch. I'm thinking of take the watch and buying a memory card elsewhere. Samsung says the memory card (256gb) is worth about $250, but I see other cards for $100 or less.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
According to this site:

MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
You are correct on the allowable limit for a MicroSD card.. and if one was to search Amazon for a microSD card they would find a wide range of cards listed and at various prices.. However, one must consider the card's speed class rating in order to locate a good deal..

SD/SDHC/SDXC Specifications and Compatibility

In other words, a deal might look great and work with you device, but if the SD card is slow or has a low speed class rating.. you would end up wasting your money, always look for a speed class rating (higher the number the better) and I'm not sure I would trust an 256GB microSD card that retails for $19.50 (according to my searches).

So yes, a reliable microSD card should have a price range of around $199.00 - $250.00 as indicated by Samsung. Again the speed class rating associated with this card and the price of this card is important.

Also, even thought the site says 256GB is the limit or max MicroSD card storage limit.. you can always buy a smaller storage card like (2) 128GB or (2) 64GB Just make sure you pair them up correctly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma