is google play app free to use

A

AC Question

When trying to use google play store app on my phone I keep getting a message saying I need to subscribe and pay a ridiculous amount to use the app. I thought play store app was free?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Agreed.. even though we're able to login and use parts of google play and one may encounter this message several times upon login.. I would ignore the message assuming you've got all the apps you need, which are typically free.. I think the only reason Google Plays asks for this information if you actually want to purchase apps from their store. I have yet to purchase anything nor will I. So unless I get a message saying Google Play needs my data to continue with this services.. I may drop the phone all together.

In other words and for the time being.. it is free to use and continue to locate free apps of limit what apps you install if you chose to buy them. At that point you'll prob need to do an in depth registration with Google Play.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that you're connected to a cellular carrier, it's free. (It may need to update the phone, and that could end up costing you a fortune if you're using mobile data). The apps aren't all free, though - look at the button. "Install" or "Installed" means that the basic app is free (there may be functions that you add on by paying), but if there's a price on the button, that's how much the app costs do install. (The author decides whether the app is free or not.)

Droid_Droid

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Google Play is free. A lot of apps are free as well, but some do cost money. Google Play will ask for your credit card information that way you could purchase apps, music, movies, etc. if you want to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc