Call Forwarded Preventing Voicemail Option

Rogtamizik

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
My husband and I both have Samsung S7's, my son is using a Samsung S4. When my husband and I try to call our son, the phone rings several times and then a pop up appears that says "call forwarded".

If my sons phone is off, it goes directly to voicemail. But if it rings and he is unavailable to take the call, we get the "Call forwarded" pop up with no link to leave a voicemail. My son is able to get voicemails from other people, it just seems to be an issue within our numbers that are all on the same At&t account. I chatted with an AT&T rep for over 30 minutes today and he was stumped and says our only option is to have them do a master reset on my sons phone. Any other suggestions?

MTIwish28

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this one out myself as well since this has recently been an issue with calling my mother's number. I also have Samsung S7 and she has a Samsung S4. We are also part of the same family plan with ATT. There was a recent software update I ran, which may have been when this issue started, but I can't be certain. Every time I call her number and she does not answer, rather than going to voicemail, the screen says "call forwarded". A connection looks to be made, but only get dead air. I wish us luck in finding a solution :)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't explain what's happening. It sounds like the call may be going to one of the other phones on the account but that doesn't really seem right... The curious thing is the pop-up on your end. I know of no service that lets the caller know the call is being forwarded. I'm assuming that it happens in reverse as well, or have you tested this? The odd thing is if call forwarding is truly active everyone should be getting forwarded. That and the pop-up leaf me to believe it's a service issue. I'm gong to also assume that you're using the carriers voicemail service. These services often need to be setup. While many people just turn on the device and roll allowing whatever default message play to callers that don't answer there are several options that can be changed and I'm hoping that changing the number of rings is the one that solves this for you. The default number may be 10 or 12 which outside of the plan may work just fine but inside the plan something may happen or a service triggered after that many calls. If this happens between any devices on the plan you wouldn't even need your sons phone to work on this our test these changes. With both phones in front of you call yourself access your VM options and change the # of rings. Then from the other phone call your yourself and test the results. Obviously you wouldn't want to go too low but drop a couple at a time until you're around 6 or 7 maybe. If it still doesn't work for S&G drop it to 3 or 2. If none off it works drop the carrier and try Google Voice. This is not Google Now, which is the voice search on your device. This is Google Voice which is a service fee from Google that provides among other things an excellent VM service.

Dmed24

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get through to someone at Google for the solution and it worked! Follow these steps and you should be all set:

Navigate to:
-Settings
-Mobile Networks
-Mobile Data
-Uncheck Enhanced LTE Services

Enjoy!