My phone got dropped in salt water at the beach and is now dead. I have a replacement from my insurance...an S7, but there was a lot of data on the S6 that I would both like to have and not want others to have. I lost all my passwords, photos and lots of contacts that for some reason were not backed up. I have 2 questions. First, is there a way to get the data myself since there is no SD card? Second, is there a way to assure that no one else can get any of the data? The phone was replaced by insurance, but they want the damaged phone back. I just want to make sure that none of my sensitive data gets into anyone else's hands. I have thought of "cooking" the phone in a pressure cooker water bath. That gets super hot and would likely melt some of the stuff inside, but not sure what damage it would do externally or if it would do anything to the data.
    09-03-2016 01:56 AM
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
    Your data will be inaccessible unless backed up to Goole, if the device won't start.
    Nobody is likely to attempt to recover your data, these devices get melted down to extract the precious metals they contain. Your phone is protected and it would take forensics to recover the data.
    Creating further damage may cause you a problem with insurers
    09-03-2016 06:31 AM