Mysterious WiFi issue with Android

A

AC Question

This is an interesting puzzle, have tried all sorts of solutions but no luck so far.

I have a PPPoE internet connection and a wireless router from the same ISP (called PTCL). I have 4 connections from the same ISP at 3 different locations. 2 at work (seperate locations) and 2 at home (Same location).

The settings on the router are identical, and the make of the router are identical (ZyXel AMG1312-T10B). All are upgraded Firmware.

The problem is that, the internet connections at my 2 different work locations operate perfectly well with my Samsung S5 and Samsung S7 Android phones as well as Samsung Tab S. But BOTH the connections at my home location are giving me issues with certain apps and webistes for example Netflix, BBC, WhatsApp etc.

Interestingly, the same connections when connected by WiFi using the Apple IPhone 6S works perfectly. Also, the internet connection using LAN to my PC works fine for the same webistes.

Now, i have tried the following already:

1. I brought my router from work (the same one on which Netflix works perfectly fine), and connected that to the home DSL and the same issue. Netflix wont open, WhatsApp doesnt work, certain websites (that open on Iphone or PC using the same connection) wont open. When I take that back to work location, Boom back to normal.

2. When i use mobile data, everything goes back to normal.

3. I called the ISP and their technician visited the premises and was insistent that if there was something wrong with their connection or Router, those sites wont open on LAN or an IPhone using the same WiFi. He says that something is wrong with the phones. But the phones works perfectly well with the same ISP at other locations or mobile data, so there couldn't be something wrong with the phone.

The problem with all the apps is that they keep loading and nothing loads up. The websites give a error empty response. To top it off, My Google Chromecast connects to the internet, shows an active connection but I cant find that on my phone for casting. It appears very rarely and disappears almost all the time in the available devices to cast. Rebooting or shutting off the router doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance