What should I do if the Wi-Fi does not turn on or show available networks?

A

AC Question

I have an LG G3 and it will not let me connect to the internet. I can use the internet on my other devices but when I try to turn the Wi-Fi on nothing happens and it doesn't show me any available networks at all. I have not been able to find much information on the issue. I have taken the battery out and did a restart. None of that helped. I hope to avoid having to do a factory reset.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Also depends on where the terminal or base unit is located assuming you're running wifi of a cable or land line type modem.. often there could be interference from your surroundings.. I know first hand that power lines over head tend to disrupt the signal as well as other wifi hotspots located in your area.

Also and something I just learn recently, is that depending on your provider.. they could be throttling your connection or the smart phone has not been adjusted to allow for a wider range of signals.. Going from the 2.4 GHz all the way up to 5.9 GHz range. So if one is limited to a low signal range or the 2.4.. you may encounter these types of connectivity issues.

I would attempt to isolate the issue by placing the wifi terminal right beside your device just to see if there is any effect. make sure nothing is blocking the signal and that the antenna has been connected correctly.

Heh. just as a side note to this and because I wanted to limit accessibility to my computer even though I've disabled the wifi on the computer and not the terminal.. is to place chicken wire over the computer. Which deflects the wifi signal coming in and going out.. Home made deterrent.

Major corporations use this chicken wire method around their mainframe servers as a means to block any wave/wifi frequency from hacking their systems.

doubleujay

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
The internet works fine on all my other devices. The internet on my LG G3 worked before. It just all of a sudden stopped on my phone. When I go to turn on the Wi-Fi it just shows me nothing to connect to. Just a blank space where available Wi-Fi networks should be popping up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781